Thinkist Privacy Statement
We want our users to always be aware of any information we collect, how we use it, and under what circumstances, if any, we disclose it.
Business name: Thinkist, PBC
Address: 4142 Adams Avenue, San Diego CA 92116, USA
Website URL: www.thinkist.com
Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
This site collects cookies. Cookies are used to manage your information while logged into the site.
In order to use this website, visitors and/or members must first complete our registration form. During registration a user must give certain contact information, but we never sell or give away this information. It is only gathered to contact the user about services on our site for which she/he has expressed interest. It is optional for the user to provide demographic information (income level, gender, etc.). Giving additional information helps provide a more personalized experience on our site, but is not required.
All data entered and stored in Thinkist is treated as private and confidential. We will not intentionally share, disclose, or sell any information to any third party without prior permission.
We always use industry-standard encryption technologies when transferring and receiving consumer data exchanged with our site. We have appropriate security measures in place in our physical facilities to protect against the loss, misuse, or alteration of information that we have collected from you at our site.
GOOGLE USER DATA
- Thinkist may read, write, modify, or delete connected Google Calendar events and will not transfer this Calendar data to others unless doing so is necessary to provide and improve these features, comply with applicable law, or as part of a merger, acquisition, or sale of assets.
- Thinkist may not add, create or delete your actual Google calendars.
- Thinkist will not use this Google Calendar data for serving advertisements.
- The Thinkist Google Calendar sync function is push only and used to replicate Thinkist calendar data into connected Google Calendars. Thinkist will not read your Google Calendar data for any reason.
NOTIFICATION OF CHANGES
We are committed to resolving disputes within one week. If problems arise, users may contact us via email: email@example.com
PRIVACY INFORMATION FOR PARENTS
Thinkist is committed to protecting privacy and maintaining the trust of our customers, students, and their parents. To enhance learning, we need access to data, measurement, insight and other feedback that inform us about students’ knowledge, skill levels and learning development.
Thinkist uses data obtained in the course learning activities to improve learning outcomes of all students enrolled in our programs
- Thinkist has implemented policies and procedures to support school administrators, parents, and students in compliance with privacy laws, including: COPPA, and FERPA.
- We will not collect personally identifiable information from children under 13 without prior verifiable parental consent. We will not distribute to third parties any personally identifiable information collected from a child under 13 without prior verifiable parental consent. We will not give the ability to children under 13 to publicly post or otherwise distribute personally identifiable information without prior verifiable parental consent, and will make best efforts to prohibit a child from posting any such information.
- We conduct regular scans of our technology platform to prevent and detect security breaches and we take steps to prevent and mitigate the impact of adverse events.
If you choose to communicate with or receive communications from Thinkist via phone, text, chat, email, or any other platform for technical support, customer service, or other assistance, those interactions may be recorded and monitored to deliver the information requested by you.
Thinkist collects personally identifiable information, such as contact information, education details, which according to the terms, Thinkist limits the use, collection, and disclosure of PII to deliver the service or information requested by the user. Thinkist will not share your PII with third parties for them to market to you on their own behalf. Thinkist utilizes reasonable security measures to protect the security and confidentiality of users’ PII from unauthorized access and use.
The burden of providing verifiable consent is transferred to the partnering school or school district. Children under the age of 13 are protected by the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), a federal law, which ensures the privacy and safety of their personal information online. This law permits schools to obtain signed parental consent for each child, with which we can agree to the collection of personal information by these parties, in the cases where it is needed for certain software to function properly. This eliminates the need for individual parental consent to be given directly to the web site operator or vendor and allows schools to provide your child with the most effective web-based tools and applications for learning. Examples include G-Suite for Education (Google), Bulb, WeVideo, Hapara, Khan Academy, and similar educational programs. For students to use some programs, “personal information” frequently means that the student’s name and email address. As a parent or guardian of a child under 13, please take the time to read and understand COPPA compliance using the link below. Talk with your children regularly about responsible device and internet behavior. Educate yourself on your district’s guidelines. Ask your learners what they are doing with technology at home and school. Seek out and set appropriate limits that work for your family. If you have any questions, contact your school’s principal.